Monday, January 4, 2010

Land of the Stars

When we think of Hollywood, we think of all the fame and fortune celebrities have. You expect to see singers, actors, directors, etc walking down the street getting chased by paparazzi.

Well when I visited Hollywood Boulevard with my cousins, we didn't get to meet any famous people other than Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Superman, Clone Trooper, and Yoda impersonators. I wasn't disappointed thou.

 This is how my night went:

My first stop was at Grauman's Chinese Theater which is known to be the most famous theater in the world. The theater opened in 1927 and where the movie premiers are held and scores of the most famous movie stars and directors had left their names, footprints, and handprints. (see photo below)

 I was standing by Shirley Temple's spot...

Then I spotted this from behind:


Michael Jackson's This Is It was held the same day but at a different location...sucks for me!

Right next to the Chinese theater was the Kodak Theatre where the Academy Awards are held every year. I didn't take photos of the theater...I don't know why.

Along the Hollywood Boulevard, the impersonators are working their block...below are the worst of the worse.


These impersonators weren't the coolest people to take pictures with and not in character either...they're just there to act like idiots.

Then we walked down the street.


I was delighted because I got to see all my favorite actors but I wasn't excited about it as the other tourists were.

After Hollywood Blvd. we were off to Pink's.

Pink's is my next blog...so check back later for that.

Until then, ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment